This is me spewing excitement about my trip to London & Chile from 31/01-9/03/2008. I've never had a blog before, so please bear with me as I figure it out... I hope you enjoy.

Saturday, February 2, 2008

London

1/02. After getting a grilling at Heathrow because I didn't know my sister's new address, I was finally released.

Southfields. I had a couple of hours of sleep on the couch at Hayley & Shane's and went for a really big walk. It wasn't meant to be as long as it was, but I got a little lost trying to find an ATM and admiring the mossy walls and terraced housing.

Where I visited/what I saw today:
  • Wimbledon Park Tennis Gallery;
  • Villeroy & Boch factory outlet (walk-by);
  • The Pig & Whistle (walk-by);
  • HSBC (for money);
  • Tuk Tuk Thai (for lunch - the Tom Yum Gai was surprisingly good);
  • a free-range butcher (to buy chicken, because I'm cooking dinner. The poor guy looked at me like I was from Mars when I spent a few seconds too long in my wallet before announcing, "I'm really sorry about this - I'm still trying to get used to which note is which"...); and
  • a dog that looked like Tin Tin's Snowy.

    Tonight, Hayley is driving me around London to see the lights. Tomorrow, we will shop and enjoy pedicures in central London.
  • No comments: